Special Training for Security Personnel -
Body Guards - Social Workers
5 Day Intensive Training Course
Morning or Evening (4 hour sessions)
Recognised Certificate of Competence awarded upon successful completion of course
16 years and above may apply
Must have good command of English Language
Resident in the E.C. for more than 3 years
No Criminal Convictions
Morning (7am - 9am) break (10am - 12 noon)
Evening (6pm - 8pm) break (9pm - 11pm)
- General Exercises
- Self Defence and restraining tactics
- Keeping calm in the presence of Danger
- Making an arrest
- Diffusing a potential violent situation
- Resuscitation and first aid techniques
- Observation and listening skills
About the Instructor
Mr. Michael Jacques has been an exponent of martial arts for 26 years. He has
been a personal bodyguard for 14 years. He was trained by an Inspector of the Hong
Kong Police Force and by an officer of the British SAS Special forces. He runs
regular Martial and Tai Chi sessions for the local authorities and for International
Companies. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree and postgraduate Certificate in
Education. At the end of the course (20 hours in total) the candidate will be
required to sit an examination. Upon successfully completing this test, the
candidate will be awarded a certificate of competence. An application to join the
British Chinese Council for Martial Arts will be made on their behalf.
- To qualify for the certificate the candidate must:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the main features of the course.
- Show a clear understanding of the power of arrest.
- Perform first aid: Resuscitation techniques.
- Explain why it is necessary to exercise discretion when apprehending a person committing
Sponsored by the Relaxation Programme
Copyright © 1997. Michael Jacques. All rights reserved.
Page last updated: 22/01/98